Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our Bonnie Tartan website. These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions placed online, by e-mail, telephone or by post with Bonnie Tartan. For customers based in the United Kingdom, any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions is subject to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and The Consumer Rights Act 2015.
The term “Bonnie Tartan” or “us” or “we” refers to Bonnie Tartan whose address is Auchinteck Steading, Dunblane, FK15 9PE. The term “you” refers to the person purchasing or agreeing to purchase goods from Bonnie Tartan.
All prices are shown in pound sterling (£) and are exclusive of UK VAT at the current rate, it may be necessary to alter any advertised price, we reserve the right to do so without prior notice. Pricing and product details are checked to the best of our ability, and whilst every effort has been made to make them accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for error and omissions.
We reserve the rights to alter our prices and product details without notice.
We are pleased to accept all major credit/debit cards, all credit/debit card transactions are subject to validation checks and are authorised by the card issuer. If the issuer of the card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay and/or non-delivery of your order.
We store no bank details relating to orders placed on-line. These are processed via our internet merchant provider. All bank details provided over the telephone and by post are processed as soon as the order has been dispatched and all information except for the merchant credit/debit card transaction slip is destroyed.
Please refer to Shipping and Returns on our Website.
Contract and Cancellation
The contract becomes binding when you place the custom order for goods. By placing the order this may mean that this confirms your agreement to start crafting your goods before the end of the usual cancellation period.
All orders may be cancelled provided they are:
1. In writing, by either letter, fax or email
2. Within seven working days counting from the day after the contract was concluded
3. Prior to any order commencing
A full refund will be issued.
Please note that once we have started work on crafting your bespoke order, you are contractually bound to honour your part of the contract and this ends your cancellation rights.
At Bonnie Tartan we want you to be happy with your purchase and will refund items that fall within the following:
If you receive an item that is faulty then please return it to us within 7 days and we will send out replacement items straight away. Please note that the postage for the return of the item is to be paid by you. If you would prefer a refund rather than a replacement please state this when returning. We will then refund you the price you paid for the item when we receive the faulty goods.
We are unable to accept returns of Performance Dance Briefs or Crop Tops for hygiene reasons.
Clothing made to your specific measurements, which are not faulty, are non-refundable.
Bonnie Tartan will assist, if possible, in assessing the likely suitability of each Boutique garment. However, Boutique clothing was made for a very specific set of measurements. It is the ultimately the responsibility of the buyer to determine whether the garment will fit or not before making a purchase. We recommend visiting our Boutique in person to make this assessment. Due to the bespoke nature of every Boutique garment, Bonnie Tartan will not accept any non-faulty returns on Boutique items.
Swatch samples are non-refundable, but their purchase price can be redeemed against a future purchase with Bonnie Tartan in the same way as our Credit or Gift Vouchers.
Apart from the items detailed above, goods may be returned to us as follows:
1. Notify Bonnie Tartan in writing of your desire to return an item within 7 days of receiving that item, including the reason for the return and if you wish a replacement or refund.
2. Package the items carefully to protect them and include.
3. Goods received back that are damaged will not be refunded or exchanged.
4. Sending the item back to Bonnie Tartan, at the address below, must be paid for by the customer.
5. Once the item has been received and examined by Bonnie Tartan, we will process the refund or send the replacement.
When sending items back please include a copy of your invoice and details of why you are returning the item. The address for all returns is Bonnie Tartan, Auchinteck Steading, Dunblane, FK15 9PE.
These terms do not supersede your additional statutory rights as a customer if you reside within the United Kingdom.
Bonnie Tartan reserves the right to refuse any garment offered to us under the Buyback Scheme due to quality or stock sizing issues.
Credit and Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
1. Vouchers may be redeemed against any purchase online at bonnietartan.com or in person at our Workshop, including our Boutique.
2. Vouchers have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for further Vouchers.
3. Vouchers must be redeemed in full on a single transaction. No balance is payable or transferable. We will only pay you up to the value of the Voucher with no change or part credit allowed.
4. All standard BonnieTartan terms and conditions apply.
5. The Voucher must be redeemed by using within 2 years of the issue date.
6. Vouchers will be subject to verification at the time of presentation and we reserve the right not to accept any Vouchers that have or appear to have been forged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
7. We accept no responsibility for lost or stolen Vouchers and such Vouchers shall not be refunded.
8. Vouchers may be transferred to a new owner provided Bonnie Tartan Limited is completely satisfied that the transfer meets with the wishes of the original owner.
9. To redeem a Voucher against an online purchase:
a. Email email@example.com with your Voucher number, date issued, value, the voucher owner’s name, address and phone number.
b. Bonnie Tartan will verify the ownership and validity of the Voucher.
c. You will then receive an email with a unique discount code to the value of your Voucher that can be used online at bonnietartan.com.
We are fully committed to providing full security through our online service. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your details are safe for all sales transactions with us. All information you provide is fully encrypted so that it cannot be read by third parties.
This website and our social media channels, their content including images and all printed matter are copyright of Bonnie Tartan Limited – © Bonnie Tartan Limited 2009 – 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution, reproduction or commercial use of part or all of the contents in any form is strictly prohibited except under the following conditions:
For Personal Use ONLY
Content and images may be shared under Creative Commons License 4.0
Short version of license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Full license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode
In brief: you may copy but any sharing or re-working must acknowledge Bonnie Tartan Limited as the original copyright owner.
For Commercial Use
No commercial use of any Bonnie Tartan content is permitted under the Creative Commons License 4.0.
If you wish to use any of our content for commercial purposes then you must contact Bonnie tartan Limited and request a paid-for license to use that content.
Commercial content licenses do not confer ownership of that content to the licensee, only the right to use that content under specific, financially compensated, conditions.
Bonnie Tartan Limited acknowledges the source and copyright ownership of content created and shared by others where applicable and possible.